Controller (Part Time)
Variety the Children’s Charity of St. Louis (Variety) empowers children with physical and developmental disabilities and improves their quality of life. Variety is looking for a talented Controller (part-time) to support the essential financial and administrative functions needed to execute this crucial mission. The successful candidate will be passionate about how our financials tell Variety’s story and inform decision making to create a world where children’s abilities are redefined, and possibilities are reimagined.
Variety is looking for someone to support internal and external stakeholders with timely and accurate financial information through management of all month-end closing procedures and development of financial analysis and reports to drive informed budget management and planning. The Controller will also manage payroll and assist with the administration of employee benefits and human resources functions.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Management of month-end closing procedures including reconciliation of all significant accounts and preparation of journal entries.
- Preparation of monthly as well as needed financial reports and analysis for budget managers, the Finance Committee, Board of Directors, funders, and other audiences.
- Management of all payroll functions for permanent and seasonal employees.
- Support the CFO and finance department in annual budget development, annual audit, 990 preparation, 1099 generation and other such projects.
A successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in accounting or finance. Master’s degree and/or CPA license preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an accounting role preferable in the non-profit sector.
- Knowledge of GAAP and non-profit accounting standards and experience with accounting software such as QuickBooks.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills and demonstrated resourcefulness in proposing new ways to create efficiency.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to effectively express financial information to diverse audiences.
- Organization and attention to detail – being a perfectionist is a bonus.
- A passion for the mission of the organization and how they contribute to its success.
As a part-time position, this role is anticipated to work 24 – 28 hours per week. Compensation will be contingent on experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Christina Altholz, Chief Financial Officer, at email@example.com.
Variety the Children’s Charity of St. Louis is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Variety welcomes difference in the form of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, geography, socioeconomic status, age, politics, religion, philosophy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status.
All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply.