Coordinator of Events and Volunteers
Variety empowers children with physical and developmental disabilities and improves their quality of life. Our programs highlight ability rather than disability. This holistic approach gives access to critical medical equipment and therapies, along with innovative Camp and Performing Arts programs, which provide opportunities for recreation, socialization, and artistic expression. Children gain or maintain independence, boost socialization among their friends and family, demonstrate belief in themselves, and increase skills they need to engage their world as fully as possible.
Variety St. Louis is looking for a team player who:
- Understands the importance of coordinating events and programs and how they contribute to the overall success of the organization and ability to execute the mission.
- Values the importance of Volunteers to the life of an organization and wants to be a key player in engaging and nurturing this valuable resource.
- Will be an integral member of the Development team and be responsible for all aspects of organizing and executing fundraising events.
- Will work to connect the events to the fundraising strategy of Variety.
Summary of Position:
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and executing fundraising events, including developing and managing budgets, determining timelines, strategies and staffing plans, volunteer recruitment and management, ticketing management, review and execution of all contracts and management of vendors
- Recruiting, training and managing volunteers for all events and other Variety opportunities.
- Develop strategies for third-party fundraising events and recruiting and managing such opportunities
A Bachelor’s Degree is required with two to four years’ experience in event management and volunteer coordination. The successful candidate will be a strong and effective communicator, organized, and motivated to successfully balance multiple projects. We are seeking a candidate with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the drive and manage events and volunteers to further Variety’s mission.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Variety the Children’s Charity of St. Louis
11840 Westline Industrial Dr., Suite 220
St. Louis, MO 63146
Variety the Children’s Charity of St. Louis is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Variety welcomes difference in the form of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, geography, socioeconomic status, age, politics, religion, philosophy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply.