Comprised of 15 Variety families, the Council meets monthly with Variety staff members to provide insight and guidance on current and future Variety programming.
Variety Family Council exists to provide:
- Guidance for current and future Variety programming
- Direction to address the needs of children with physical and cognitive challenges, inclusive of:
- Practical needs
- Social inclusion
- New experiences
As Council members roll off, new families will be added to the Council by invitation, or after consideration following self-nomination. Members then commit to serving a year at a time, with re-commitment requested annually.
Recent Variety Family Council accomplishments:
- Organized Variety Family Conference in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021
- Launched Kid and Teen Social Groups with a planned monthly activity – Click here (link to social group form) to register your child
- Launched Variety Family Facebook page – Variety Families can request to join this group here
- Added new activities to Variety Family Celebration, April 2018 and 2019
- Presented an exploratory workshop on school inclusion
A subcommittee of Family Council members has agreed to serve as representatives to the greater Variety family and will gladly bring forth your thoughts to the Council as a whole.
If you would like a topic discussed at a Family Council meeting, please contact the Council here.
Thank you for your continuing engagement and interest in Variety!
Variety Family Council
Variety Staff Member
Senior Program Manager
Phone – 314-720-7717