Manager of Annual and Foundation Giving
Variety the Children’s Charity of St. Louis is seeking candidates for a Manager of Annual and Foundation Giving. This individual will work with the Development team and Management team to strengthen fundraising efforts from grants (foundation and government) as well as annual campaigns including direct mail, on-line giving, integration with social media, and peer-to-peer fundraising. This individual will report to the Chief Development Officer.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Conduct a full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources (portfolio of approximately 50, includingresearch, writing, analysis, evaluation, cultivation & reporting in accordance with specific timelines & guidelines
· Perform prospect research on foundations, corporations, and government entities to evaluate possible funders
· Work with finance and program departments to gather information necessary to report to foundation and corporate funders on current grant programs
· Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors; work with other development staff to provide regular written updates and impact reports to donors
· Develop and lead a comprehensive annual appeal program, including strategies to incorporate volunteer groups, e-campaigns, giving societies, focus on new donors, and increasing average gift amounts
· Manage, plan and implement multiple direct mail appeals annually, with a high degree of customization. Serve as an active prospect identifier, targeting prospects for personal visits and moving annual donors through the donor pyramid into the next giving level
· Develop both turn-key and responsive methods of peer-to-peer fundraising to increase database and giving levels/
A Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master’s Degree and CFRE certification is preferred. A minimum of 2 years’ experience working as grant writer and in annual giving, with proven success at increasing annual support; a knowledge of the St. Louis community is a plus. The successful candidate will be a strong and effective communicator, organized, and motivated to communicate Variety’s mission to donors.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Variety the Children’s Charity of St. Louis
11840 Westline Industrial Dr., Suite 220
St. Louis, MO 63146
Variety the Children’s Charity of St. Louis is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Variety welcomes difference in the form of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, geography, socioeconomic status, age, politics, religion, philosophy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status.
All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply