Variety the Children’s Charity of St. Louis has a long and storied history in St. Louis, dating back to the days of the “Variety Club” telethon featuring Sammy Davis, Jr., and the “Cash for Kids” coupons found in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
By the Numbers:
- 301 – Children were transported using a Sunshine Coach Van to doctor appointments, therapy sessions and special outings or activities across the St. Louis area.
- 252 – Children received a bike through Variety’s Bikes for Kids program.
- 140--Number of campers at Variety Adventure Camp
- 547 – Zip codes that are home to families receiving assistance from Variety.
- 263 – Children received more than 600 pieces of durable medical equipment such as wheelchairs, crutches, braces, van lifts, and communications devices from Variety.
- 9,514 – Children served by Variety through special equipment, unique educational and recreational programs, and agency funding.