Now Hiring: Health Services Care Coordinator
Variety the Children’s Charity of St. Louis (Variety) impacts local children with disabilities by providing access to vital medical equipment and therapies as well as the opportunity to participate in innovative recreation and performing arts programs. Variety is seeking a team member to support Variety’s Equipment and Therapy programs. The successful candidate will be passionate about the Variety mission of making the impossible possible; helping build a world where children’s abilities are redefined, and possibilities are reimagined.
The Health Services Care Coordinator is an integral member of the programs team providing operational and administrative support for Variety’s largest program – providing durable medical equipment to children with disabilities in the St. Louis community. You will serve as primary point of contact for equipment requests as you help families navigate the request process from application to final delivery of equipment to assessing the impact equipment has on children’s lives. The Health Services Care Coordinator will also help to ensure all program client files are complete and up-to-date, facilitate outcome survey distribution and be a key resource for families to connect them with resources within Variety and in the St. Louis region.
- Oversee communications and requests from families and vendors for equipment, in conjunction with the Health Services Manager, including processing applications, working with vendors to order equipment that best matches the child’s needs, tracking delivery, receiving invoice and approving for payment, and ensuring the equipment meets the needs of the child.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for families and vendors throughout this process ensuring all parties are informed, updated and supported throughout the process.
- Maintain accurate, organized and up-to-date records for all equipment and therapy program participants and follow up on necessary updated or missing information.
- Facilitate the distribution of equipment assessment surveys to families and therapists including maintaining a calendar of distribution timeline, sending surveys, tracking completion and follow up to ensure all surveys are complete and returned.
- In conjunction with the programs team, assist families with awareness of all Variety programs and resources and connect families with external community resources for programs and services not provided by Variety.
- Under the direction of the Health Services Manager, provide support for other Variety programs as needed.
A successful candidate will have/be:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1 – 3 years of relevant experience ideally with experience in case management or client services
- Strong attention to detail, organization and efficiency – being a perfectionist is a plus!
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and comfortable interacting and building relationships with a broad range of individuals.
- Flexible and a motivated self-starter who is able to multi-task and prioritize.
- A passion for the mission of Variety and how they can contribute to its success.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Julie Thompkins, Health Services Manager, at email@example.com.
Per Variety’s policy, we require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation. If you are hired, we will require that you prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid medical or religious reason not to be vaccinated.
Variety the Children’s Charity of St. Louis is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Variety welcomes difference in the form of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, geography, socioeconomic status, age, politics, religion, philosophy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply.