Job Opportunity: Graphics & Digital Media Coordinator
Variety the Children’s Charity of St. Louis (Variety) impacts local children with disabilities by providing access to vital medical equipment and therapies as well as the opportunity to participate in innovative recreation and performing arts programs. Variety is seeking a team member to support Variety’s communications team. The successful candidate will be passionate about the Variety mission of making the impossible possible; helping build a world where children’s abilities are redefined, and possibilities are reimagined.
Variety the Children’s Charity St. Louis is looking for a creative, multi-talented graphic designer with a knack for digital media communications. This individual must have an eye for design, a heart for kids with special needs, and the skills to visually represent the organization and the families we serve. The Graphics and Digital Media Coordinator is a strong communicator with an insightful drive to create compelling print and digital materials to best reach Variety’s key audiences while also administering and growing extensive social media platforms. The ideal candidate is a multi-tasker who must have proficient skills in Adobe Creative Suite and the ability to conceptualize and execute creative vision in a timely manner.
- Manage the design of all visual materials across print and digital platforms such as direct mail solicitations, print and digital ads, email marketing, social media and web graphics, newsletters and other materials.
- Administer Variety’s social media platforms including creating impactful and effective social media posts, monitor social communications and overseeing social media calendars.
- Conceptualize videos for various events, programs and fundraising campaigns and develop in-house or manage external resources.
- Serve as photographer or manage hired photographers for Variety events and programs.
- Support the Communications Manager in other department and organization initiatives.
Un candidato exitoso tendrá/será:
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, in graphic design. Minors is related fields such as photography, videography, communications or marketing are preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in graphic design and one to two years of experience with social or digital media platforms.
- Ideally, the candidate will have experience working with or knowledge of non-profit organizations.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and digital and social media platforms.
- Strong and effective communicator with the ability to create effective visuals in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative thinker who can work collaboratively with a team.
- Flexible and a motivated self-starter who is able to multi-task, be organized and prioritize.
- A passion for the mission of Variety and how they can contribute to its success.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Mary Serafino, Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Per Variety’s policy, we require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation. If you are hired, we will require that you prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid medical or religious reason not to be vaccinated.
Variety the Children’s Charity of St. Louis is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Variety welcomes difference in the form of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, geography, socioeconomic status, age, politics, religion, philosophy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply.