Comprised of 15 Variety families, the Council meets monthly with Variety staff members to provide insight and guidance on current and future Variety programming.
Variety Family Council exists to provide:
- Guidance for current and future Variety programming
- Direction to address the needs of children with physical and cognitive challenges, inclusive of:
- Practical needs
- Social inclusion
- New experiences
As Council members roll off, new families will be added to the Council by invitation, or after consideration following self-nomination. Members then commit to serving a year at a time, with re-commitment requested annually.
Recent Variety Family Council accomplishments:
- Organized Variety Family Conference in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021
- Launched Kid and Teen Social Groups with a planned monthly activity – Click here (link to social group form) to register your child
- Launched Variety Family Facebook page – Variety Families can request to join this group here
- Added new activities to Variety Family Celebration, April 2018 and 2019
- Presented an exploratory workshop on school inclusion
A subcommittee of Family Council members has agreed to serve as representatives to the greater Variety family and will gladly bring forth your thoughts to the Council as a whole.
If you would like a topic discussed at a Family Council meeting, please contact the Council here.
Thank you for your continuing engagement and interest in Variety!
Consejo de la familia de variedades
Variety Staff Member
Gerente sénior de programas
Phone – 314-720-7717