Registration is now open for our third annual Variety Family Conference, coming to a personal screen near you on Saturday, December 5, 2020! All are invited to attend this free virtual conference from 9 a.m. to noon on Zoom, hosted by Variety St. Louis as part of the Emerson Resource Center. Find more details about our speakers and topics on this blog and register now in the form below!
When: Saturday, December 5, 2020
Who: Variety Families and Community Members
Speakers: Dr. Ann Turnbull and her daughter, Kate Turnbull
Time: 9 a.m. to noon with optional networking social at 8:30 a.m.
- Siblings of a Child with a Disability
- Long-Term Planning for a Family Member with a Disability
8:30 - 9:00 - Pre-event social time
9:00 - 9:15 - Welcome, Mission of Variety, Overview of Agenda, Introductions - Susan Schuh, Variety Chief Program Officer
9:15 - 10:15 - The Longest Family Relationship: Launching Siblings into Their Own Well-Being across the Lifespan
10:15 - 11:15 - Break
10:30 - 11:15 - Adult and Sibling Break-Out Groups
- Planning for the Future across the Family Marathon - Ann Turnbull
- Siblings Speak Out - Kate Turnbull (8-12 years old only, limited to first 10 registrants)
11:15 - 11:30 - Break
Wrapping Up Session 2:
11:30 - 12:00 - Report from Sibling Group; Q&A
Advance registration is required to receive access to the virtual conference!
To register, complete the form below.
Please note registration deadlines:
- General conference registration deadline is Monday, November 30
- Siblings Break-Out session registration deadline (limited to the first 10 siblings who register, age 8-12) is Friday, November 13. Early deadline required to ensure timely receipt of craft activity supplies. You will receive a separate link to register for this session upon completion of the conference registration below.