Variety’s Adventure Camp 2018 officially begins on Monday, June 4! We are so excited for Camp to begin, and we know our campers can’t wait either!
As we gear up for this awesome summer, we thought we’d share some quick tips on what to expect from Adventure (and Teen!) Camp 2018, in the form of some frequently asked questions.
What Should I Bring?
All campers should bring a backpack filled with the following each day:
- A lunch in an insulated lunch box – Specific days will not require a lunch; families will be notified in advance via the schedule
- Due to allergies, please DO NOT pack lunches or snacks with nuts, peanut butter or shellfish!
- Extra clothing (at the parents’ discretion)
- Water bottle
- Necessary medication – Must be brought in its original packaging, along with a medication consent form, either to the Open House on May 31 (see below for more details) or on the first day of the camp session
Campers should also bring the following on Swim Days:
- Swimsuit (may begin the day worn under clothing, if preferred)
- Swim diapers (if needed)
- Socks (pool floors may be rough; socks protect feet)
- Extra bag for wet towel and swimsuit
- Flotation device (if needed) – Please label with child’s name
Please also mark all belongings with the first and last name of the camper.
What Should I Wear?
All campers should wear the provided camp shirt each day. It is also recommended that campers wear a hat, sunscreen and comfortable clothes perfect for playing. And, of course, wear your biggest smiles!
What Will I Do at Camp?
Campers will have a lot of fun! Our activities change daily, and even weekly, and may include swimming, ice skating, bowling, music time, crafts, playing games and so much more! Parents will receive a schedule via email for each week their camper is attending, and the full schedule for the summer is available in the Parent Manual.
Where is Camp?
Much like our activities, our camp locations change on a daily basis. These locations will be included in the detailed schedule provided to each parent via email prior to the week, or weeks, their camper is attending.
What Time Should I Be There?
Camp drop-off will begin at 9 a.m. each day. Campers will be checked in with their group’s Lead Counselor. The Camp day ends with pick-up at 3 p.m. every day. Earlier pick-ups may be arranged by leaving a written note with the Lead Counselor at morning drop-off.
Who is My Counselor?
Each camper is paired with a volunteer or staff member referred to as a “counselor.” These camper/counselor pairs are divided into groups based on the camper’s age, with a “Lead Counselor” for each group. This Lead Counselor is the parents’ main point of contact.
Where Will My Pictures Be?
Each week, tons of Camp photos will be uploaded to Variety’s Flickr account. A limited number of photos will also be shared across Variety’s social channels:
- Flickr: Flickr.com/VarietySTL
- Facebook: Facebook.com/VarietySTL
- Twitter: @VarietySTL
- Instagram: @VarietySTL
Will I Get More Information?
Parents will receive a detailed “Parent Manual” in advance of your camper’s first week that will include additional information, as well as the full camp schedule. You may also attend the Camp Open House on May 31 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Forest Park Visitor Center. At this Open House, you will see one of the camp facilities that we use, as well as meet Lead Counselors and Variety staff.
Questions? You can contact our Camp Director, Robin via email (click here) or at 314-720-7717.