Looking for an easy and fun craft that will also use all those toilet paper rolls you’re sure to have lying around? We’ve got you covered!
This week, Virtual Adventure Camp campers made Toilet Paper Roll Polar Bears and we have the instructions and list of materials so you can make them at home. Check them out below and use the picture at the end of the blog for reference!
- Toilet Paper Tube
- Cotton Balls
- Googly Eyes
- Note: No googly eyes at home? You can also draw your own.
- Blank White Cardstock
- Note: Plain white paper will work!
- Markers or Crayons
- Glue or Tape
- First, stick your googly eyes onto the top of your toilet paper tube.
- Tip: If you don’t have googly eyes, you can draw your own eyes on paper and cut them out to attach them or draw eyes directly onto the tube!
- Next, use a marker or crayons to decorate your bear's face - give him a nose and mouth under his eyes.
- Take your cardstock or white paper, draw, then cut out six shapes: four circles (the bear’s paws) and two half circles (the bear’s ears)
- If you would like, draw some footprints on your bear’s paws.
- Attach the bear’s ears just inside the top of the toilet paper tube, sticking out of the top.
- Attach the bear’s paws to the front of the tube.
- Add cotton balls to give your bear some fur - these can be used all over or just in one spot (for example, to give your bear a fluffy belly).
- Tip: Pull your cotton balls apart to make them fluffier!
And now you have a fluffy friend to add to your arctic buddies collection – check out our Water Bottle Penguin Craft from the first week of Virtual Adventure Camp 2020 if you haven’t made it already!
Don’t forget to share photos of your finished crafts with us on social media – find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @VarietySTL – and stay tuned for more camp activities you can do at home!