Love to paint but looking for a new method? Try making a tape resistant painting! Our campers tried it and they had so much fun creating their own designs with just cardstock, washi tape and watercolors.
Follow the instructions below to make your own beautiful work of art.
Tape Resistant Painting
- White cardstock
- Washi tape (thick and thin, if possible)
- Plastic cup (for water)
- Watercolor paints
- Fill the plastic cup with water.
- Brainstorm what design you want to create.
- This could be lines, your name – anything!
- Place a piece of white cardstock paper on the table in front of you.
- Use the washi tape to create your design on the paper.
- Be sure to rub the tape as you place it so that it is smooth and flat on the paper.
- Use the watercolors to paint in between or over the tape lines.
- Let your creation dry.
- When the paint is completely dry, carefully peel the tape away from the paper to reveal your design!
Be sure to take a picture of your finished artwork and share it with us on social media – find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @VarietySTL.
We can’t wait to see your inner artist shine!