It’s Week 3 of Virtual Adventure Camp 2020 and the campers are having so much fun! One of our activities this week is making Pinecone Bird Feeders – if you want to follow along at home, this is an easy craft that will also get the kids outside.
Follow the instructions listed below and you’ll soon be able to go bird watching in your own backyard.
- Sunbutter or Peanut Butter (depending on any allergies in your household)
- Plastic baggie
- Gather all materials. You may have to go on a nature hunt in your neighborhood or backyard to find a pinecone!
- Use the spoon to spread your sunbutter or peanut butter on the pinecone.
- Fill your baggie with birdseed – you may not want to fill it more than half full to leave room for the pinecone.
- Place the sunbutter or peanut butter pinecone in the birdseed, seal the bag and shake it to cover the pinecone.
- Take the bag outside, remove the pinecone and add a string (you can tie it around the pinecone, leaving a loop to hang with).
- Hang it up for the birds to enjoy!
We suggest hanging your new bird feeder somewhere you can easily see it. This way, you can watch for birds and keep track of all of the different kinds you see.
Want to join us for our free Virtual Adventure Camp in July to make more crafts like this one while spending time virtually with friends? Click here for more info and to register your child with a disability today!