Virtual Adventure & Teen Camp 2021 officially launched this week on June 7! Campers are having a blast playing games, cooking snacks, singing songs, making crafts and so much more, all from their own homes.
Want to join the fun? Each week, we’ll post a camp activity you can do with your family, typically with materials you may already have at home, or that can be easily found in your local store.
This week, the theme is “Animals,” and campers are learning about all sorts of different critters. A favorite craft this week has been the Paper Plate Giraffe. Make it with your family today by following the instructions below!
Paper Plate Giraffe Craft
- Paper Plate
- One (1) Piece of Gold or Yellow Tissue Paper
- One (1) Piece of Gold or Yellow Construction Paper or Cardstock (Cardstock will work best)
- One (1) Piece of Black Construction Paper or Cardstock (Cardstock will work best)
- Writing Utensil
- Cut your gold or yellow tissue paper into small squares.
- Glue the squares onto the front of the paper plate until it is covered (see photos for examples).
- Using a writing utensil of your choice, draw ears and a nose on the gold or yellow construction paper or cardstock (see photos for examples).
- Using a writing utensil of your choice, draw horns, eyes and nostrils on the black construction paper or cardstock (see photos for examples).
- Cut out the ears, nose, horns, eyes and nostrils from the construction paper or cardstock.
- Glue the nostrils on the center of the nose.
- Turn your paper plate over and glue or tape the horns to the back of the paper plate at the top.
- Glue or tape the ears to the back of the paper plate on either side of the horns.
- Turn the paper plate back over and glue or tape the eyes on the front of the paper plate, under the horns and ears.
- Glue or tape the nose to the bottom of the paper plate below the eyes.
And now you have a super cute giraffe! Show us your finished craft on on social media – you can find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @VarietySTL.