Dive under the sea with our Virtual Campers and create a colorful jellyfish! This craft is easy and fun to make, and you likely already have all of the materials at home. And, if not, they are all easy to find in your local store.
Grab the kids and get started using the instructions found below!
- Paper bowl
- Tissue paper
- Two, pre-made self-adhesive curly gift bows (or make your own)
- Two googly eyes (or markers to draw your own)
- White ribbon or string
- Glue stick
- Choose your tissue paper colors – a mix of two to three colors is best!
- Cut or rip the tissue paper into different size shapes.
- Using a glue stick, spread glue over the bottom and sides of the bowl.
- Attach your tissue paper pieces all over the bowl, covering the bottom and sides completely. You may need to re-apply glue and that’s ok!
- Once the pieces are applied and the glue is dry, use scissors or a pen to poke a small hole in the center of the bottom of the bowl.
- Cut the white ribbon or string to a desired length, then push one end of the ribbon or string through the hole in the bowl.
- Tie a knot at the end of the ribbon or string on the inside of the bowl and tape it down – this will keep the ribbon or string in place.
- Grab your curly gift bows (or make a couple of sets yourself using gift ribbon, scissors and tape) and remove the adhesive backings and/or add tape to the ends as needed.
- Attach the curly gift bows to the inside of the bowl – these will be your tentacles!
- Finish your cute and colorful jellyfish craft by adding self-adhesive googly eyes. Don’t have any? You can draw some on with markers!
When you’re done, don’t forget to share photos of your art on our social media. Find us at @VarietySTL on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.