To celebrate fall, we present our Fall into Fun blog series featuring fun crafts and activities for all ages and abilities! Check back each Saturday between now and Thanksgiving for a new, free activity you and your family can do at home. Click here to view last week’s activity – a free November-themed coloring page!
Is there a better Thanksgiving-themed craft than the classic hand turkey? We’ve put our own Variety spin on this childhood favorite by creating this free printable for you and your family to use, complete with a Variety top hat!
With many families staying home for the holiday in 2020, this could be the perfect new tradition to start this year. Find a list of materials and instructions below to get started!
- Our free Hand Turkey Craft printable
- A piece of paper or felt (we suggest brown construction paper or felt, but any paper will do!)
- A pen/crayon for tracing
- Scotch tape or glue
- Option 1: Coloring utensils such as markers, crayons or colored pencils
- Option 2: Multiple pieces of construction paper or felt in different colors
- Get ready: Download and print our free Hand Turkey Craft printable here. Don’t have a printer? Grab a piece of paper and a pencil to trace the turkey pieces right on your screen!
- Start started: Cut out each of the turkey pieces from the printable.
- Make the turkey: Trace your hand on a piece of paper or felt and then cut it out.
- Decorate the turkey: Use the turkey pieces to make your hand turkey your own piece of art!
- Option 1: Color each of the turkey pieces with your favorite coloring utensils. Don't forget to color your turkey if you'd like!
- Option 2: After cutting out each piece, trace them on colored felt or construction paper before cutting them out.
- Option 3: Do a combination of the above – for example, make the feathers out of felt or construction paper and color the hat, eyes, beak and snood.
- Assemble the turkey: Tape or glue each piece into place.
- Show it off!: Hang your completed turkey as part of your Thanksgiving décor.
Don’t forget to share pictures of your hand turkey on social media! You can tag us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @VarietySTL or comment on any of our posts. We can’t wait to see them!
Have fun and happy Thanksgiving!