Week 3 of Virtual Adventure Camp 2021 is themed around “Nature”, and campers are learning all about getting outside, exploring, and taking care of our world. They are making crafts in the shape of animals and insects, creating homes for plants and so much more.
One of our top activities has been our Bumblebee Snack. Not only is this bumblebee super cute and easy to make, it is also filled with tasty goodies to enjoy later – is there anything better?
Learn how to make your own Bumblebee Snack using the materials and instructions below.
- One (1) yellow clothespin
- Note: Or one regular clothespin painted yellow
- One (1) sheet black construction paper
- Two (2) googly eyes
- One (1) sandwich size baggie
- Your favorite snacks
- Note: We recommend 1/4 cup Honeycomb cereal, 1/8 cup Chocolate Teddy Grahams, and 1/8 cup Honey Teddy Grahams
- Black Marker (optional)
- Cut out two (2) skinny strips from the construction paper to make the antenna.
- Glue the antenna to the back of the top of the clothespin (the end you squeeze to open it).
- Glue the googly eyes to the top of the clothespin (under the antenna).
- Create the bee’s stripes by either:
- Cutting out small strips of black paper and gluing them onto the clothespin.
- Using a black marker to draw stripes on the body of the bee.
- Open the sandwich baggie and fill it with your snacks, leaving an empty space in the middle.
- Note: If using the recommended snacks above, put Honeycomb cereal into one side of the bag and the Teddy Grahams on the other.
- Seal the baggie and fold the top a few times. Then, pinch it together in the middle and secure it together with the clothespin to form the wings.
Now you have a tasty Bumblebee ready for snack time! Buzz buzz!
Don’t forget to share pictures of your hard work on our social media – you can find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (all @VarietySTL). Have fun!