Variety is here to help. To download our Medical equipment and Therapy financial assistance application, click here. For Medical equipment requests, Misty Burton, is ready to help and answer any questions. Please contact her at 314-720-7708 or email@example.com. For Therapy questions contact: Carolyn Smith at 314-720-7720 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in Variety's program application, click here. Participation in Variety programs is not based on financial need, your child must have a diagnosis of a physical or intellectual disability. Please fill out and return to email@example.com. Our Program Manager, Robin Diehl, is available to help if you have any program questions. Please contact her at 314-720-7717 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Either application can be: faxed to 314-731-6866 or mailed to:
Variety the Children's Charity
11840 Westline Industrial Dr. STE 220,
St Louis, MO 63146.
How Variety’s Medical Equipment and TherHappy Programs Works
- Variety children must be under the age of 21 and living in the Greater St. Louis region.
- Variety provides medical equipment, but is unfortunately not able to help with evaluations, doctor fees, hospital fees, eyeglasses, TES Units, hand controls for automobiles, diapers, food (for tube feedings), respirators or modifications to the home (inside or outside, i.e. lifts, ramps).
Procedure for Assistance
- Upon request, an application form is filled out by the parent or guardian of the disabled child.
- A copy of the most recent federal income tax return (1040) must be submitted with the application. To ensure service for those who need it most, Variety serves families with an adjusted gross income of less than $85,000.
- Each application is reviewed on an individual basis.
- For each piece of equipment Variety purchases, a prescription, letter of necessity, and estimate of cost are required.
- The request is submitted to the insurance company, and Variety then pays what is denied by insurance.
- If the total amount is denied, Variety will pay the entire amount.
- Variety will pay for equipment for a child on Medicaid (i.e. bathchairs, car seats and wheelchair trays) if Medicaid denies the request.
- If the child has no insurance or no DME clause in his or her insurance policy, Variety will pay in full.
- Any equipment Variety purchases will be maintained and repaired by Variety if the family is unable to pay.
Variety is on a mission to help children with disabilities fulfill their potential by providing services every time they need assistance. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us for help.